We’re continuing our spotlight on chronic pain conditions this month with a look at degenerative disc disease, a condition where the discs between the vertebrae in the spine break down, causing pain and weakness. Nature’s “shock absorbers” for the bones of the spine, these discs help the back stay flexible and once they’re injured, they cannot be repaired. Regular pain and limited movement are very common for patients with the condition.
We spoke with Kay J., who has degenerative disc disease, about her battle with the condition and how Oska Pulse has helped her:
- Tell us more about your battle with degenerative disc disease.
- It all started five years ago when I fell and sustained a partial fracture to my jaw. I lost a couple of teeth and had my jaw wired shut for a month to allow the fracture time to heal. My dentist replaced the teeth, and life returned to normal with no residual problems.
Then in October 2018, with no cause or warning, I experienced a rapid onset of intense burning and tingling pain that started in my left shoulder and went down my arm to my fingertips. The pain came on at night when I went to bed and then receded somewhat during the day, returning every night with a vengeance. The pain made it impossible to sleep and over the counter medication didn’t help at all. Since the pain receded when I got up in the morning, I thought that I had a pinched nerve.
Chiropractic appointments, massage, medical consultations, physical therapy, dry needling and trigger therapy helped incrementally, but, nevertheless, the excruciating symptoms persisted. An X-ray and subsequent MRI showed degenerative disc issues, but no ruptures or anything like that. Likely, the fall set in motion arthritic changes in my cervical spine.
- How did you first learn about Oska Pulse?
- In early May 2019, one of my oldest friends told me about his experience with Oska Pulse, and thought it could help me. I purchased one, and wore it all day when it arrived. I awoke the next morning from the first full night's sleep in eight months, with no pain in my arm. I was sold.
- How do you use Oska Pulse?
- I use my Oska Pulse nearly every day and all the time, including while at home, at work and when I sleep. The inflammation, edema and muscle aches associated with my degenerative disc disease have continued to recede, as has the burning pain in my arms. It has made all the difference in my search for non-drug pain relief and healing, as I am now nearly pain free. I’m still carrying out my regimen that involves exercise and some of the other helpful methods I’ve been using to reduce my pain. But Oska Pulse and its PEMF technology has made all the difference in my search for relief.
We’re dedicated to helping people live more active lives with less pain through using our Oska Pulse device, so we’re happy to hear from patients like Kay that have been able to successfully manage their chronic pain. For more information on how Oska Pulse uses Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy to relieve pain, you can visit www.oskawellness.com.