The holidays are here, and if you are still looking for a gift for any loved ones with pain, we are here to help with a few thoughtful yet functional suggestions. From portable massage units to electric blankets and body pillows, this guide has something for everyone – and every type of pain – in a variety of price points.
- Portable massage unit, portable massage pads or chair massage cushion. These types of portable units offer simple ways to massage away aches and pains stemming from stress, hunching over your desk, fitness, ongoing lumbar issues, back and spine pain, and more. Some of the smaller devices can be taken with you on-the-go, or if you spend a lot of time sitting down or at a desk, look for a version that can be placed on a chair.
- Oska Pulse. Our wearable, compact device is an excellent gift for anyone who is hoping to relieve their pain without drugs. Utilizing Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) technology, which is clinically proven to relieve pain, Oska Pulse is rechargeable, small and convenient so that anyone with pain can find relief wherever they go. Plus, it’s also shareable so that you as the gift giver could try it out, too!
- Microwaveable heat packs. A heat pack that is filled with rice can be microwaved and placed on painful areas for pain relief. There are many different shapes and sizes for neck pain, back pain, knee pain and more. Many are also infused with dried lavender or other herbs for a side of aromatherapy and come with a silk side for a comforting, breathable feel. Plus, depending on the size, a microwaveable heat pack can double as an eye mask for relaxation and stress relief.
- Electric blanket. A cozy, heated blanket is a delightful gift for your loved one who finds that heat helps with their pain relief or who is always cold! Look for an electric blanket made with a super soft material like microfiber that will make it an extra special gift.
- Weighted blanket. If you suffer from poor sleep due to your pain, a weighted blanket could make a great gift. They are known to help improve the quality of sleep by easing tense muscles, reducing stress and decreasing anxiety. Plus, they come in a variety of different weights so it will be easy to find one that will work best for your loved one.
- Compression socks. These aren’t just for fitness buffs or frequent flyers! Both comfortable and helping to improve blood flow which can help with leg pain, compression socks make a great stocking stuffer. Plus, there are many stylish options available featuring bright patterns and colors.
- Body pillows. Body pillows can help support different parts of the body to help take the pressure off of others. Releasing that pressure can help the body relax, release tension and relieve pain. You can find various shapes and sizes of body pillows to help support the painful parts of your body while you are sleeping.
- Essential oil diffuser. Essential oils can help relieve tension, reduce stress, and reduce impurities and mold in the air. Lavender essential oils in particular are known for their stress reducing qualities while other seasonal scents such as rose petal is another thoughtful choice.
- Meditation CDs or smartphone app subscriptions. Meditation has been used for centuries as a form of pain and stress relief. However only recently has it become mainstream with phone apps and CDs now available to guide listeners through basic and approachable sessions. They are a great way for someone seeking a less painful, less stressful life to get their feet wet in this space.
We hope that your holidays are merry, bright and most importantly, free of pain. To learn more about how Oska Pulse uses Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy to relieve pain, please visit www.oskawellness.com.